The Postal Regulatory Commission has officially approved the USPS Mobile Barcode Promotion and they have determined that Nonprofits can play too! All of the other regulations have remained the same. If you have already planned on some great campaigns this summer that incorporate QR Codes then you’ll be all set to save 3% on postage. If you have not planned on using this 2D barcode technology into your next campaign, then get started, the promotion starts July1st!
The qualifications and rules surrounding this “Summer Sale” are pretty straightforward and unlike their other sales this one is actually available to every mailer and does not require an advanced degree in mathematics to figure out if you qualify.
This promotion is a great way for mailers’ to discover new ways to link the physical and digital worlds of direct marketing. QR Codes have been all the buzz for some time now, but there are many out there who either are reluctant to use them or just have not figured out the best way to incorporate them into their overall marketing strategy. Considering the USPS is giving an upfront 3% discount for mailings that utilize these mobile friendly codes, I think marketers will learn fast how to use these, even if it is just get a cheaper postal rate. This promotion will run from July 1st to August 31st, 2011. The discount is available for Standard Mail and First Class Mail letters and flats.
The guidelines are fairly simple:
- Mobile barcode must be two-dimensional and readable by a mobile smartphone. One dimensional barcodes do NOT qualify.
- Mailing documentation must be submitted electronically and postage must be paid using a Permit Imprint. Current electronic submission methods include: Mail.XML, Mail.dat and Postal Wizard.
- Participating mailers will be required to affirmatively claim this promotion in electronic postage statement submissions, certifying each mailpiece contains a mobile barcode either within contents of mailpiece or on outside of mailpiece.
- All mailpieces in a mailing statement must contain a mobile barcode.
- With the exception of IMb full service discount, only one incentive per mailing will apply.
- Mobile barcode must be used for marketing and advertising purposes. Mailpieces containing mobile barcode that convey information about the postage value, destination, sender and machine serial number for security do not qualify
Here are the links for more details regarding the rules and questions:
If you have any questions about QR Codes and how to effectively incorporate them into your next campaign please contact us and we’ll be happy to help!
No comments yet.
Leave a comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.
- Congress Won’t Let The Post Office Be Successful | I Acknowledge Class Warfare Exists on Less mail equals more opportunity
- https://twitter.com/#!/gadgets_micro/status/157834439186071552 on 3D Printing close to becoming a household reality
- Adam Hartung, Chicago, IL on Are You Disruptive?
- Tweets that mention Why Direct Mail Will Always Be In Style | Going Postal -- Topsy.com on Why Direct Mail Will Always Be In Style
- Tweets that mention Less mail equals more opportunity | Going Postal -- Topsy.com on Less mail equals more opportunity